Two weeks later the appearance Geektimes: alas...

Motto:
"Charsetid is what happened
with Abram after separation"
review from a third party site

Now I'm going to whine. Two weeks ago, I whined just, today I will whine convincingly. So, since the separation of Habra a little more than two weeks. In my opinion, it is already possible to summarize. And they something so nebesnye.



First: Geektime not read
Not exactly so, when I look at the article on Geektimes and see their attendance, I want to "cry from sorrow, or to lose myself in anguish". Knowing the average attendance habré before the split and now I see that the same article sees 5 times less people. Here's a simple comparison:

The topic about the new Nexus 6 Geektimes: +33, 20 thousand visits.
Topic about Nexus 5 on Habre: +103, 172 thousand.

OK, in the case of the Nexus 6 was only about the phone, in a topic about the Nexus 5 talked about the new Android. Well, the text about Android 5 Geektimes: 66+, 26 thousand. Despite the fact that most likely these visits are intersected with each other.

Further, the text about the new iPad, Poppies, etc. Geektimes: +45, 20.5 thousand visits. Last year Habra: +78, 139 thousand visits.
And I chose the most visible texts and themes, usually collecting a lot of hits.

Second: there is nothing to read
The first few days after the split Habra, Geektimes was just a complete mess. First flooded some grafomanstvo (the author he was immediately cut). Then adequate up to this Maegra staged census "good books". Including "Master and Margarita" and other, quite the geek book. By the way, this was the first and last post Mosigry, after which they returned to Habr. Then began to appear posts Captain Obvious and other mythical characters. Well something periodically slips so far.

What I mean. Habré would such posts fiercely zaminusovali. Accordingly, those who come to read, see this mess, and go back to the usual Habr. Alas, the rules publications on Geektimes is still not defined. And while that is periodically a sort of chat, with the appropriate semantic content.

Third: there are no normal reviews
Everything is simple, Habr is first and foremost a community. And, as already emphasized many times, the comments on the article are often more important and interesting topic. I often write for comments. However, where they come from, if the attendance is less than 5 times? Ie. instead of 50 comments 10. Instead of 100 only 20. So, read again, nothing.

Fourth: there is no clear boundary between Abram and Victims
I understand the logic, why some Hubs have a drink with Habra, but why they drank so much and why can't I write in the rest, I don't understand. An example follows. I write the text on Habr about the volunteers of Google, and their option of voluntary support. Hub Google appeared to have cut (why?).
OK, put in "system administration" because the Pro support "manage communities" because on how to build a loyal community. Well, bothering to the "project management". After a few minutes my text, cut out the moderators and placed in the "I'm a PR". Although, as you can see further, it's never true. The text begins to collect cons from misunderstanding (I would also minusanul, because in this Hub to write about it – an obvious nonsense). OK, delete the post and go to "alternate", i.e. publish on geektimes. The post gathers the pros and goes to 6th place in the ranking "best of day". Post this is it.

As already mentioned, I don't understand why it needs to be on Geektimes, and why habré him only, "I'm a PR". Another example: post about Inbox. As I understand it, due to the lack of Hub Google hangs on geektimes. As for me, so he belongs on habré.
Insights: and no conclusions. I still don't like Geektimes. And, alas, I don't see something on the website changed for the better. Now he is no better than many other sites on a similar theme.

And last, exactly why I wrote this topic. The vote. But it seems to me that I've been one boring
Article based on information from habrahabr.ru

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Monitoring PostgreSQL + php-fpm + nginx + disk using Zabbix

Templates ESKD and GOST 7.32 for Lyx 1.6.x

Customize your Google